1 Praise the LORD.
Sing to the LORD a new song,
his praise in the assembly of the saints.
2 Let Israel rejoice in their Maker;
let the people of Zion be glad in their King.
3 Let them praise his name with dancing
and make music to him with tambourine and harp.
4 For the LORD takes delight in his people;
he crowns the humble with salvation.
5 Let the saints rejoice in this honor
and sing for joy on their beds.
6 May the praise of God be in their mouths
and a double-edged sword in their hands,
7 to inflict vengeance on the nations
and punishment on the peoples,
8 to bind their kings with fetters,
their nobles with shackles of iron,
9 to carry out the sentence written against them.
This is the glory of all his saints.
Praise the LORD.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
I just had to share this with you - I received it in my email today! ENJOY and be blessed!
1. Give God what's right -- not what's left.
2. Man's way leads to a hopeless end! -- God's way leads to an endless hope. (AMEN!!!!)
3. A lot of kneeling will keep you in good standing.
4. He who kneels before God can stand before anyone.
5. In the sentence of life, the devil may be a comma--but never let him be the period.
6. Don't put a question mark where God puts a period.
7. Are you wrinkled with burden? Come to the church for a face-lift.
8. When praying, don't give God instructions - just report for duty.
9. Don't wait for six strong men to take you to church.
10. We don't change God's message -- His message changes us.
11. The church is prayer-conditioned.
12. When God ordains, He sustains.
13. WARNING: Exposure to the Son may prevent burning.
14. Plan ahead -- It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark.
15. Most people want to serve God, but only in an advisory position.
16. Suffering from truth decay? Brush up on your Bible.
17. Exercise daily -- walk with the Lord.
18. Never give the devil a ride -- he will always want to drive.
19. Nothing else ruins the truth like stretching it.
20. Compassion is difficult to give away because it keeps coming back.
21. He who angers you controls you!
22. Worry is the darkroom in which negatives can develop.
23. Give Satan an inch & he'll be a ruler.
24. Be ye fishers of men -- you catch them & He'll clean them..
25. God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love,
Make us glad for as many days as you have afflicted us,
May your deeds be shown to your servants,
May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us;
Today was kind of fun - I can't believe it's already early evening! It's been SO beautiful here, and I'm just feeling SO blessed. Dad's increased the tulip bulb count to over 400 - partly because I love tulips so much. :) It's GLORIOUS around here - but that's not today's post. Today is about my lumberjack, Kenn.
There is a tree out in the "wheel" that is most of our back yard. It was planted before Mom & Dad decided on the wheel design, and it throws too much shade, gets leaves everywhere, and the roots are beginning to cause problems. So Dad wanted it down.
Guess who volunteered to at least try! So, first he cut off the bottom limbs....
Then higher up, on top of the ladder. He only used a Sawzall and a hand saw!
(That's my dad, assisting.... :D )
And finally, the tree trunk in three pieces. The sunglasses are mine; they couldn't find the safety goggles. :D I figure any glasses were better than an eye in trouble!
LOTS of sawdust and sweat later, he has the tree down as far as the parents wanted. He's gonna be SORE, for sure, but what a great thing for him to do!
How was YOUR day? Did you do something fun, or get to watch an event like I did?? :D Tell me about it!!!!!!!!!! I want to HEAR!!