Wednesday, December 31, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!


Well, here we are again. :) We've been together on this blog for a whole year. Last year, we started out setting goals - and while we might have done ok, we didn't do too well at all on the whole.
SO! Who's up to setting new goals this year? :) I'll start, and you can post in the comments section - and I'll ask once a month how we're doing. Be honest, OK? :D
I will read at least one verse FROM MY BIBLE daily, not online, not trying to find a verse for our devotional, but FROM MY BIBLE.
I will post at least once a week to this blog.
I will send at least one card to someone a month.
I have a couple of others I MIGHT do, but those three for sure are ones I want to commit to. Your turn!!
Dear friend, as we go into 2009, may you know with all your heart that God loves you, that He cherishes you and longs for you to intimately know Him. Seek Him, know Him, and be IN Him in '09!!!! BE BLESSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Becky said...

My oh my...what a pic!!

Lori...I hope that >YOU< are as blessed in 2009 as much as you have blessed me in 2008!

My resolution this year...FOLLOW THROUGH. If I say Im gonna do it. DO IT, until its done. No less.

Cant wait to see what you have in store for us in the coming months.

KARNA said...

now thats one nice sugar daddy!

I think I gave you a list of my 'resolutions' last year; did you keep them? I have no idea if I did LOL.

I am going to continue eating 3 meals a day and try to keep them balanced. I've lost 40 lbs in 4 months so hopefully I'll keep that up. I only gained 3 during christmas!! lol. No snacks here tonite so i'm outta luck on that note.

I've stopped drinking coca cola classic (6 months), cept for 'certain' occasions...started eating breakfast even if its just yogurt, no fast food and no chips n dip or cookies, candies...well i did have some M&Ms during christmas time...so thats what put on the 3 lbs...dang little dandies that they are!

lOVE YOU LORI. I've been trying to read a Psalm a day and a chapter in the NT...I am lame about it but have great intentions to continue..its NOT like i dont have TIME.

mucho love and blessings for the new year and all your goals and dreams.

I agree with Becky..you ARE A BLESSING..i wish i lived across the street from you...:)

Ginny said...

Well, Lori, I'm not much on resolutions. Never have been. But if I have one goal for 2009, it's this verse in Philippians 2:12 - "Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling," Right now, that means to make more of an effort to get to church (do what I can so my fibro isn't as likely to be acting up on Sundays), and stay in the Word.

Heather said...

Hi! Thanks for popping by and visiting me. I'm glad to hear that you appreciated the devotion from New Year's. You are welcome to reprint it if you include my blog name. Happy New Year to you!

sparrow's song said...

Love these words you shared,
"Dear friend, as we go into 2009, may you know with all your heart that God loves you, that He cherishes you and longs for you to intimately know Him."

Sometimes I forget that He loves me more than I can even comprehend. His love for us isn't like mine, shallow and fickle. He is the God who never changes. He will never love me more because He can never love me less. Ah, and see what you've stirred up in remembrance for me. Thank you.

For me, I need to write my International Compassion girls more. I've been sorely slack in that.

Wishing you a Blessed New Year!

lori said...

Lori,
Stop by the Cafe when you can...you're a winner in the New Year Giveaway!!

Lori and Amy, Internet Cafe Devotions