Friday, June 12, 2009

More prayer requests!


But God's angry displeasure erupts as acts of human mistrust and wrongdoing and lying accumulate, as people try to put a shroud over truth. But the basic reality of God is plain enough. Open your eyes and there it is! By taking a long and thoughtful look at what God has created, people have always been able to see what their eyes as such can't see: eternal power, for instance, and the mystery of his divine being. So nobody has a good excuse. What happened was this: People knew God perfectly well, but when they didn't treat him like God, refusing to worship him, they trivialized themselves into silliness and confusion so that there was neither sense nor direction left in their lives. They pretended to know it all, but were illiterate regarding life. They traded the glory of God who holds the whole world in his hands for cheap figurines you can buy at any roadside stand. -- Romans 1:18-23

Wow, ladies. We've got some hurts going on in our families! Here come two more people we need to uplift! Again, please pray the following for them: strength, peace, and joy that can only come from God; wisdom and discernment to deal with anything that they face; someone to PHYSICALLY walk through this with them, whether it be a spouse whose eyes need to be opened to their needs or a friend who cares; and clear direction from God about what to do and how to do it. Pray for them to be blessed in unexpected ways, that God would show each one that He's intimately concerned about her/him. PRAY FOR VICTORY!!!!

From Terri, who just had surgery on her back:

Sorry I have been so long in sending out an update.. Things have been very stressful.. My health is not very good today.. I woke up with my right arm swollen and terrible pain in my right shoulder.. I am hoping the weather has something to do with it. I am waiting to hear back from the doctor as he in surgery the whole day.. I can bearly move my right arm... I had to make a trip to my family doctor this week as my blood pressure drop really low.
Also this week I had a gas leak and found out I need a new AC unit for the house... So I am trying to deal with that along with my health issues... Of course Joe and I are not agreeing on the AC he thinks it should be fixed and I believe we should get a new one. There is along about 1200 difference between the new and repair bill..
Thank you for all your cards and prayers. I am starting to feel depressed and trying to the best to keep myself from going stir crazy...

And from Deana: Please pray that my husband, Scott, will find a job. Also, a
girl in my mops group has a 5 yr old, 2 yr old and is about 7 months pregnant and found out today that her 2 year old has a brain tumor. Deana also has an unspoken personal prayer request.

Please, please lift them up!

2 comments:

Ginny said...

Lori, for some reason, your posts are not showing up in Google Reader. I can see the title, and usually and graphics you include, but no text. Have you changed any of your settings?

Becky said...

Oh Dear Lord, PLEASE PLEASE have mercy on Terri today. I pray that her arms pain has eased and that you have given the doctor just a simple fix. Lord I pray for her overall health. I lift her up to you Lord. I pray that you will be most evident in she and her husbands lives with each and every little detail. I also lift up Deanas friend. HOLY SMOKE, this girl has got a full plate. I personally know how agonizing a sick child can be, but Lord I also know that you are an awesome God and that you will always bring every one thru in YOUR way. I pray for that family that they will turn to you and keep you as their leader as they tread on unknown territory. Cause Lord it is ONLY you that can heal the sick and it is ONLY you that can make our lives ok.

Lord Id also like to thank you for the mini blessings I have receieved all this week. I mean, to someone else they would be minute -- but to me they have been HUGE. As you have promised over and over you will give us our daily bread.

Lord Id also like to lift my husband up in prayer today as he has been informed of a recent job opening that he would LOVE to have. This job looks fantastic from our standpoint and would definitely be an answered prayer, but Lord, YOU are all-knowing and I just pray for our discipline to listen to your guidence. Lord I am also going to a business meeting today to hopefully help with our finances. I know that you have said that you will provide for us. So I pray that you will make that clear in the transactions.

And of course Lord, I pray for Lori! This blog is such a blessing to my life, as is her friendship. I lift her up!!

Its in YOUR name father that I pray all these things, for it is YOU that lead my days and it is YOU that I seek to honor.

In Jesus' name,
AMEN