Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hello from SOGGY Nashville!

I imagine most of you know by now how devastated our part of the state is. I'm BLESSED beyond measure to be safe and dry, and to have my family so, as well. But I need to tell you: it's going to take a VERY long time for Nashville to recover, especially economically. This is the largest non-hurricane-related disaster in American history, and it will be the costliest.

So. Where you see a chance to help, help - and it doesn't even have to be HERE. There are people EVERYWHERE who have been devastated by something. :) We are CALLED to help others - it's part of who we are in Christ. And you can PRAY. Intervene for those who can't or don't know how to pray for themselves.

Two pictures to show you. The first one is one that was taken Friday, 24 hours before the deluge began. It's closer to the lake by maybe 10 feet than the sign in the second picture - which Kenn took TUESDAY morning. This is Old Hickory Lake, in case anyone's wondering!











I'm so grateful for those of you who have checked on us. :) I'm SO grateful for God's caring love - and the miracle that He protected SO many, when the death toll could have been incredible. (The speed with which the water rose on Sunday was more than most of us could comprehend!)

Thank you, dear ones. Be watchful, be servants, be ALL that you can be IN CHRIST! YOU ARE LOVED!

3 comments:

Ginny said...

I had no idea what was happening down in your area until after the flooding began. I simply don't watch or read the news, and am usually happier for it. The first I heard of anything was Sunday evening in church, when an announcement was made regarding a young couple who were married in January and now live somewhere down there. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

This is totally unrelated, but I wanted to tell you that none of the words on your blog posts come through to Google Reader, but only the pictures. Strange indeed.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you are safe and dry.

I want to thank you for your blogs. I enjoy them very much and look forward to them.

Robin

Becky said...

I am so grateful that you all are ok too. I am also so thankful for your kind spirits and your willingness to take on whatever task is at hand. The world would be a better place if there were more of you scattered amoungst us. PTL