Sunday, July 20, 2008

Happy Sunday Evening!



I know it's been a while since I posted, and I do apologize. This problem with the banking is eating up my concentration - I'm really hoping to clear the remains up in the next two days....


ANYWAY. It's not QUITE Monday, but sharing about God and His awesome goodness, grace, and mercy should never have limits, should it? :)


We had a WONDERFUL day. We slept in - we went to see Encore Theatre Company's presentation of SMOKE ON THE MOUNTAIN last night - if you're in the greater Nashville area, you should DEFINITELY go check it out!!! Paula Fox directs, and they've prayed this show into an annointed effort. PRAISE GOD FOR GODLY THEATER PEOPLE IN OUR COMMUNITIES!!! They need your SUPPORT, dear ones - we are FEW and FAR BETWEEN!


ANYWAY. Wow, not sure where that came from!. :D Anyway. On our way to church, we talked about a lot of "hot topics" - well, Kenn did. :) Our old church and the way things happened there still bother him, and this banking thing means we're running out of funds to live on, and and and. :)
May I just say, GOD IS TOTALLY ALL I NEED?!?!?!?!?!
He spent the whole service affirming His sufficiency to us. We sing a lot of songs at our new church that I don't know, and one of them the chorus was, "When we're lifting up Jesus, we're putting demons down". :) The lyrics to the verses were awesome - I've requested them from the worship leader, so I'm hoping to be able to share them with you.
Anyway. The message about tithing was from Malachi, chapter 3 verses 10-11:
Bring all the tithes into the storehouse,
That there may be food in My house,
And try Me now in this,”
Says the LORD of hosts,
“ If I will not open for you the windows of heaven
And pour out for you such blessing
That there will not be room enough to receive it.
And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes,
So that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground,
Nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for you in the field,”
Says the LORD of hosts;
(emphasis mine! :))
The cool thing is, we'd both pulled out our tithes already. :) With all the fnancial stuff going on this week, it would have been easy to justify not giving. But we really feel the pull these days!!!
So, anyway. He went on to talk about the historical context of this - the land was in a deep famine, and even though we NORMALLY interpret this to be Satan, it's really "the devourer". So, the things that seem to devour our resources - God will rebuke them FOR MY SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!! Hallelujah, what a GOD we serve!!!!!!!!!!! You KNOW I'm claiming that one!!! :)
The sermon was the last of the six-week series on HOLINESS. In a nutshell: we do not have to strive to be holy. We cannot MAKE ourselves holy. WE ARE HOLY. And instead of trying to prove it, we need to walk in it. As I Peter 1:13 says, "Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed."
First, prepare. How very silly it is for us to not expect an attack daily. Pastor Ronnie was funny; he said, "It's like we get up in the morning, and think,'I think today Satan's taking a day off. He and some of his minions. I think I'm not going to have to worry about being attacked today.'" It IS silly, isn't it. Why do we not prepare ourselves first thing in the morning? For instance, our whole married life, Satan has attacked us in the financial area. It's certainly still happening! :D WHY do I expect anything different?
Next, show the Fruit of the Holy Spirit who resides in you!
HE WHO BEGAN A GOOD WORK IN YOU WILL BE FAITHFUL TO COMPLETE IT UPON THE DAY OF CHRIST JESUS!!! (Philippians 1:6)
God is SO good. Please don't stop praying for us - but know that God is much, much bigger than anything that I'm going through. Same for you, dear one. HE LOVES YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Ginny said...

Lori, I'm glad to hear that God is encouraging your heart and making you grow in the midst of your trials. That's what it's all about, isn't it?

sparrow's song said...

Bless God for His provision in the midst of your needing provisions. All that is worthy of having or that we need is not summed up in monetary units. I'm praying that your growth during this time will be filled with an abundance of Fruits for His glory.

Stucco Contractors College Station said...

Appreciate this blog post