Friday, January 13, 2012

A Recipe for You!

Hello, my friends! I'm procrastinating what I should be doing - getting lesson plans together for my sub for while we're on vacation - and posting this recipe. :D It's one of Kenn's absolute favorites, and I want to make sure I can locate it while we're on the beach, so I can make it for him. :) Isn't that a great way to show him some love? (I've already decreed that we'll be eating clam strips at our favorite restaurant for Valentine's Day! :D)

It's a Taste of Home recipe, but I can't find it again online so I can link you. I did change a little of the direction, so now it's OK to call it my own, according to recipe law. Did you know that?

Anyway. :D I hope you try it - let me know what you think!

Sour Cream Coffee Cake

1/2 cup butter, softened 1 cup sugar
2 eggs 1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon baking soda
Topping:
1/4 cup sugar 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon* 1/2 cup chopped pecans

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, sour cream, and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and beat until combined.

Pour half the batter into a greased 13x9 pan. **

In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients; sprinkle half of the topping over batter. Add the remaining batter and topping. Bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes. Cool completely.

* I always at LEAST double the cinnamon. It's really good for you, and we love cinnamon around here!

** When I make this at home, I make it in 2 8" square pans, and double the topping mixture. I usually end up with SOME topping mixture left, but it freezes well! That way, I have a cake for now, and a cake to wrap and freeze for future sweet tooth consumption or company!

No comments: