Monday, March 8, 2010

Love Letter

Hi, dear friend! I'm so glad you stopped by today; I have something VERY special to share with you today.

Kenn and I are going to take the photos for this sweet couple, Anna and Nathan, from our church. Anna posted this on Facebook last weekend, and I just REALLY feel that someone other than me is going to be blessed by it. I asked her if I could post it here; please take your time, and read this. It's very deep, and very moving. BE BLESSED!

Growing up as a female, I have heard from time to time to think of loving Jesus like a lover. Like your husband. That has always been a strange concept to me because I thought “he’s my daddy God. How can I see him as a lover?” But now I am beginning to see it.

I want to be with you for the rest of my existence. If we live like poor people in the streets, I will be okay because I have you. If we are exiled to a God-hating country that we cannot speak or be persecuted, I will hold out. Because I love you. Because I can call you mine.

This is what is means to be in love.

Not the gooey feeling you get when he holds your hand for the first time. But the solid security of knowing he will always reach for your hand in times of need. Or reaching for your hand just to know you are there.

The melting feeling when he looks at you from across the room for the thousandth time because he has to make sure you are not a dream. That you really do love him.

The security of knowing he will never leave you or forsake you. That he will always wake up next to you and be happy he is there. That he will lovingly make you dinner, AND do the dishes.

That he will sign the checks to keep a roof over your head. And that he will cry with you in the front seat of his truck because he loves you so much.

I grew yesterday in my love for you. I have been fighting tears today because I have a new revelation of how much I love you. I want to tell the world that you are mine, and that I love you in a deeper way. And yet, I want to keep it to myself as a little treasure. It’s like a glowing ember in my heart that I will not put out.

A revelation of love is not easily obtained. There are times when I feel that God reveals to us how much he loves us. And I feel that he has revealed to me how much he loves me by how much I love you. Words cannot express in complete thoughts how much I love you. I cannot say it enough, and even if I said it a thousand times, it would not scrape the essence of the depth of my love for you.

It's like my black and white printer trying to print color. No matter how hard it tries, it will only hope to print the color because it was not designed to print the glory of the vibrant color.

If we could connect hearts somehow and I you were able to know how much I love you. It couldn't be expressed in pictures or words, or feelings, but just a 'know'. And that is enough.

You are enough.
I love you.

Your future wife.

No comments: