Monday, March 29, 2010

Synchronicity


Hello, my friends! I'm so glad you're here today! :)

Today, I want to chat a bit about synchronicity. Yeah, it's a big word. :D Use it in conversation sometime - it's worth at least 25¢!:D

What the heck is it? I'll give you Dictionary.com's definition, and then you'll STILL wanna know! :D

The state or fact of being synchronous or simultaneous; synchronism.
Coincidence of events that seem to be meaningfully related, conceived in Jungian theory as an explanatory principle on the same order as causality.

OK. So the way I'm using it is that one of the ways I know God's telling me to pay attention, that He's trying to say something to me, is by the same subject or Scripture coming up in two or more places.


Has that happened to you? It's happened to me - and actually to both Kenn and me! - a lot in the past year. We'll talk about something in Sunday school, then walk into church and hear something that goes hand-in-hand with that discussion. And it's not something that could be planned - we're walking through John in Sunday school, and our sermon series this year is on Heroes of the Faith; we're just beginning Moses. (There's another example of synchronicity for you! One Bible study I'm doing talked a bit about Moses, God gave me that post on Moses [scroll down!], and now we're studying Moses at church!)

It simply amazes me when God does this. :) I love knowing that He's guiding my thoughts to what He wants me to think about, He's telling me He's right here with me. It's a comfort knowing that I don't have to wonder what I'm supposed to be looking for, that He's showing me rather obviously. :D

Have you experienced this? How does it make YOU feel? What's He talking to YOU about? I want to know! :)

Be BLESSED, dear one. I'm so grateful that you're in my life! God LOVES you. He has a purpose for you, a plan to bless your heart. My prayer today is that you'll be super-sensitive to His leading, and all the little things He pours into your day to show you how much He loves you.

No comments: