Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Nope, not gone yet...! :D



Good afternoon, dear friend. Thanks for coming back and checking in. :D

Yes, my family is STILL here. God has a purpose, but sometimes, one just has to wonder.... :D They're SUPPOSED to be staying tonight in their RV if/when my brother-in-law and other niece get here, and taking off without seeing us in the morning. We'll see what God has planned!

Plans. Hopes. Dreams. Aspirations. Some days, I don't think I have any anymore. Sometimes, it feels like it's useless; like they're never going to come to fruition, so why even bother? Today is one of those days. BELIEVING that I am blessed and highly favored on these days is difficult - it's HEAD knowledge, but getting my HEART to know - well, it's a struggle.

Today is a good day for Psalm 42. I will be meditating on it today; I hope you're not in the same struggle I'm in today. But if you are, I pray this will help YOU, too. GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME. Regardless of my circumstances, my outlook, or my emotions, HE IS.

Psalm 42

1 For the director of music. A maskil of the Sons of Korah.

As the deer pants for streams of water,

so my soul pants for you, O God.
2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.

When can I go and meet with God?

3 My tears have been my food day and night,

while men say to me all day long, "Where is your God?"

4 These things I remember as I pour out my soul:

how I used to go with the multitude,

leading the procession to the house of God,

with shouts of joy and thanksgiving among the festive throng.

5 Why are you downcast, O my soul?

Why so disturbed within me?

Put your hope in God,

for I will yet praise him,

my Savior and 6 my God.

My soul is downcast within me;

therefore I will remember you from the land of the Jordan,

the heights of Hermon—from Mount Mizar.

7 Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls;

all your waves and breakers have swept over me.

8 By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me—

a prayer to the God of my life.

9 I say to God my Rock,

"Why have you forgotten me?

Why must I go about mourning, oppressed by the enemy?"

10 My bones suffer mortal agony as my foes taunt me,

saying to me all day long, "Where is your God?"

11 Why are you downcast, O my soul?

Why so disturbed within me?

Put your hope in God,

for I will yet praise him,

my Savior and my God.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well,Lori, I think I can totally identify with how you feel today! You know how well my dreams have not worked out either! I struggled much yesterday, and some still today. This road has not yet come to an end! Thanks for the encouraging words form God!!!
Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Sometimes His Ways are not our ways - and we think we are in sync -- good time to ask for discernment and wisdom.

Some dreams and hopes I have had never did work out - weren't in His plan - and today i can look back and say AMEN and am so thankful.

New dreams come foward, know they are of God and I am learning patience and many other character qualities (dang it) along the way to fruition.

His ways are not our ways - and
In His Time In His Time
he makes allthings beautaiful in His Time

on that song i can cry because I am waiting, or give thanks that It's all about Him...and his timing. He knows best for us.

Hope that perspective helps a bit. It is so easy to get discouraged - and the enemy loves to taunt us so we are disappointed in our Lord and His ways or timing.

love you lori
k

nancy said...

Hi, sweety. Glad to hear from you. I've been sick with ears and now a bad cold. Family is going through a crisis as well. I'm fasting and praying and waiting on God. I must have a difficult confrontation over this, later in the week. Need God's grace to do it right. Thank you for the Psalm.
Love,
Nancy

sparrow's song said...

you shared,
GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME. Regardless of my circumstances, my outlook, or my emotions, HE IS.

YES! He is constantly at work on our behalf working all things to the good and for His purposes which are always good, as you say, regardless of individual circumstances. If we bear in mind that His first desire is to glorify Himself, of which He is worthy, then we can see why many times that our happiness or comfort is not always His first concern. He has a greater plan that must take precedence for our eternal security and happiness.