Thursday, January 24, 2008

Happy Thursday! :D



I'm not sure why, but I really feel led to encourage you today: RUN THE RACE TO WIN THE PRIZE. Can you IMAGINE what Heaven will be like?? Here, try this - straight from the Throneroom!

Revelation 4
The Throne in Heaven

1After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this." 2At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it. 3And the one who sat there had the appearance of jasper and carnelian. A rainbow, resembling an emerald, encircled the throne. 4Surrounding the throne were twenty-four other thrones, and seated on them were twenty-four elders. They were dressed in white and had crowns of gold on their heads. 5From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings and peals of thunder. Before the throne, seven lamps were blazing. These are the seven spirits of God. 6Also before the throne there was what looked like a sea of glass, clear as crystal. In the center, around the throne, were four living creatures, and they were covered with eyes, in front and in back.

7The first living creature was like a lion, the second was like an ox, the third had a face like a man, the fourth was like a flying eagle. 8Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under his wings. Day and night they never stop saying: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come."

9Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives for ever and ever, 10the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne, and worship him who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say:

11"You are worthy, our Lord and God,

to receive glory and honor and power,

for you created all things,

and by your will they were created

and have their being."

How GLORIOUS will it be, my dear friend. I can't WAIT to give honor to my God and King, EVERY second of EVERY day forever and ever. I wish it were in me to do so with my frail, human body and perverted human-ness. I'm so, SO grateful to be FORGIVEN, and SET FREE. Because I'm forgiven, I can come into HIS HOLY PRESENCE. Have you thought about what that IS? If the reality of that scene to come really, REALLY hits you, you'll never be the same.

I'm praying for you, my dear friend. Praying that the holiness of God, and his imparted righteousness and holiness to YOU, will be revealed to you. May it bless you, humble you, encourage you, and lead you to show those around you how much that love, peace, and grace that have touched your life are flowing outward to them.

Talk to me! What are YOU thinking right now????

5 comments:

nancy said...

I am just finishing a book called "Heaven" by Randy Alcorn. It is the best study of the subject I have ever seen. All from the scriptures. I recommend the book. It gives a more realistic picture than I, at least, have ever had of the wonders we have to look forward to.
Nancy

nancy said...

Lori,
Let me know how you make out with the esssential oils.
Nancy.

Anonymous said...

I was reading a book this morning by a blogger i found via this site to some other site...she is a pastor's wife in Washington state - Shannon Woodward - really down to earth person - I am still and always be in awe that God even notices me - and am forever grateful--his mercies are new everyday!

Anonymous said...

How do we put our picture in so it comes up if we decide to write in here? TY

Lori Stilger said...

You know, I heard about that book by Randy Alcorn TWICE last week. I guess I need to look for it!!!! I'm eager to hear more about what you think of it, Nancy!

Karen, you have to put the pic on your Blogger account for it to come up. :) If you need help figuring it out, email me. :)

I love you ladies. THANK YOU for being my friends!