Monday, January 7, 2008

It's MONDAY! Share what you learned at church!


Hello, dear friend. How are you doing today? Did you have a good weekend? I did, but BOY, was it BUSY!! I was SO tired last night, I was in bed asleep by 10. HIGHLY unusual for me, but it sure felt good. :D
So, what was YOUR sermon about yesterday - or, if you'd prefer, what did you learn in Sunday school? Sometimes, God touches us more strongly about a topic in one lesson than He does the other. :)
Ours was about VISION yesterday. It was about God writing down what He says He's going to do, and about our writing down what He tells us He's going to do, or wants us to do. Sounds a LOT like goal-setting, doesn't it? :D Our pastor also said this: "Write down what you'd like to have happen in your life as if NOTHING COULD STOP YOU. Then, see what God does."
Wow. What a challenge - to actually BELIEVE God would do that for me, fulfill my DREAMS? That, actually, is a scary thought to me. I'll talk more about that later on, in another post. I want to get this one out, so you can start sharing, too!!! :)
Thank you for all your prayers, ladies. Please continue to pray for my blood glucose control, and my eyesight. :)
Have a WONDERFUL day - I can't WAIT to hear what God had to say to YOU yesterday!

5 comments:

nancy said...

It's not surprising to me that God is talking to ALL of us about the same things. He has an agenda of His own!
Our Song List for the AM Service Mighty is our God F
Glory, Glory Hallelujah F
Stand on that Name F
Because of Who You Are F
Sweet Holy Spirit E flat
He Touched Me E flat

This is about believeing for BIG things. Praying and believing for the "Never Seen Before" things which seem impossible.
II Corinthians 3:17-18 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord [is], there [is] liberty. But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord.
TheSpirit of God ministers to us and changes us.The Glory of the Lord is revealed when the Holy Spirit moves and does things never seen before. ~~On a large scale, here are two examples
The Flood. When the rains came and a great flood covered the earth, neither of those things had ever been seen before.
In II Kings 6 is the story of the floating axehead. No one had ever seen such a phenomena before. It defied the laws of gravity.
(The virgin birth, the rolling away of the stone at the mouth of the tomb, from the NT.)
On a personal level God's Glory is revealed to us when the Spirit moves to perform mighty works in our lives. Miracles of healing, supernatural provision, amazing answers to prayers, are all the work of the Holy Ghost, revealing the Glory of the Lord. And we, by His ministrations are "changed...from Glory to Glory" by the "Never Seen Before" things only He can perform. So PRAY BIG. BELIEVE BIG. We can see those things come to pass that have never been seen before.
At the end, many came forward as the Pastor gave us a 5 step process to pray (and believ) for our greatest needs for the new year.
Nancy

Anonymous said...

I really don't attend church anymore but in my backwards goals one of the items was, "I found a church" so there ya go - and my action toward that is to even attend one in my neighborhood (LOL). What a concept. For five years I was here in a city with my son and my church was an hourandahalf away - I didn't want to start a new one - explain our situation, and I am not one to hang in the back row, but far too emotional and fragile to even begin to try to talk...so when I was able i drove the long way to my church and mostly was not able, and now that i've been able I dont go. So...I think what i loved about the backwards goals is they were so huge to me and wonderful - the scope was enlarged as to what I 'accomplished' in 2008...it was exciting to see and think on. God's been pulling me deeper spiritually and making me hunger for his touch in a new way. You can pray for me to not procrastinate - i never have been so bad about it as lately - and i NEED TO DO WHAT I HAVE TO DO! Thanks,K

Rhonda said...

I live in an area where there is no church. I have to travel 30 -45 minutes to get to the closest church. I am very thankful for the churches that are telecast. We enjoyed watching Charles Stanely yesterday. His sermon was about repentence. I learned that repentance requires an action, usually turning away from the sin that holds you. There is a difference between saying you're sorry and actually being repentent about it.
Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Lori, You are in my prayers and thoughts as you struggle with side effects of diabetes. My dad has it so I know what you are going thru.
Have a great day,
Lori Pierce

nancy said...

Lori, Where is yours?